Welcome to Brixton Art Prize, a new and inclusive art competition.
We welcome those from all walks of life to enter and feel united through art.
The prize is based in Brixton, a well loved London district with a rich and meaningful history.
Our theme focuses on two words that we feel encapsulate Brixton – Conflict & Integration.
You are free to run with this theme in whichever way you choose.
Key dates and info
- Come and visit our Exhibition from Friday 1st July – Sunday 3rd July!
- Held in the visually stunning Downstairs at The Department Store in Brixton.
- The exhibition will showcase work from our Shortlisted Artists, a group of up to 40 creatives whose work our judges will select.
- An opportunity to come and see some of the best talent and artwork curated in a diverse, unique, once in a lifetime display.
- Exhibition opening hours are 10am-6pm Friday – Sunday.
- We want to explore creativity in Brixton and start a conversation about art, documented through our blog posts, videos and more through our social media channels.
- Our competition stands out from other art prizes, as we plan to use this amazing platform to document our journey, as a collective, as a community and as artists.
- All profits from the Prize will go to providing support for our creative community be it through workshops, or providing art supplies and mentorship.
This prize benefits every single entrant – and the community, too.
The Department Store, Brixton (UK) where the awards ceremony and group exhibition will be held.
We believe in the importance of giving back to the community. Therefore, all profits will go directly to community-based art projects. This prize will continue to promote creativity beyond the end of the competition.
This journey is not something to be missed.
Over the course of the Prize, we will document and post our discussion on art in our community – so keep your eyes on our social media channels to be a part of this.